Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rob's Buck Oct. 2008


I didn't have much time to hunt this rifle season so I decided to run up after work. I threw some of the kids in the truck, picked up Brandon and we were off. If we timed it right, we would get to the spot we wanted to go with only minutes of light to spare. We were almost there when I noticed a flat tire. We changed it in record time and flew down to the pond where we had seen some nice bucks before. With very little light left I spotted this incredible buck 70 yards away in the aspen trees. I raised my gun up and he took off running through the trees. I tried to be patient and wait for it to make it's way to a small opening 100 yrds away. He bounded right into my cross hairs and it was over. We ran down to the trail and there he was. It was so fun to have Brycen and Hunter there with me. Brycen put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Dad, I am so proud of you. That is one nice buck. This is the funnest hunt ever!"
It was the funnest hunt ever. It is great to make your son proud every once in a while.

1 comment:

Dano L. Church said...

Again, that is a good lookin' rack!