Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My First Buck!





I'm not sure how Rob talked me into hunting 6 1/2 months pregnant, but he did. We actually had a really good time. I've never seen so many deer. It was cool! We were hunting the Heaton Ranch near Alton. We stayed in the lodge and they fed us really good. I have to say. . . Rob was smart to make my first hunting experience so enjoyable. I might actually want to do it again. However, I could have done without some of the pressure. I had my dad, husband and guides all hoping I would be able to get a really nice buck. I'm really glad I did it though. It made for an experience that I will always remember. My dad was in heaven with all those bucks running around! He was really proud and happy that I would give hunting a try. He loves that his daughter got such a sweet buck! I definitely have a new appreciation for hunting. I never thought I would say this, but thanks Rob, for encouraging me to try something new.

4 comments:

Ana said...

Holy Crap Christy! I haven't seen the pictures of your deer till now. It's huge, 100 times bigger than mine. Nice.

Jenise said...

Wow Christy, good job. I am totally impressed.

Sheri said...

Wait wait, YOU got that incredibly-large-and-ferocious-looking beast?! WAY TO GO!!! Even so pregnant! I am very impressed. It still looks alive in those pictures, which gives me itty bitty creeps, but awesome job!

Dano L. Church said...

Amazing! Great job Sis that is so awesome! That is pretty good when you can show up all your brothers and have complete bragging rights to getting the biggest buck. Nice.