Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cute Things Kids Say

Hunter wanted to play with his little friend Courtney Baker today. So I called her mom, Lisa, and invited Courtney over. Courtney preferred that Hunter come to her house and when I said this to Hunter, he wanted to know why. I explained that it was because Courtney was shy. He said, "Courtney is shy?" I said, "yes." He thought about that for a second and said, "Shi is a dog. . . Is Courtney a dog?" (Shi is the name of Craig and Kathy's dog) I said, "no, not Shi the dog, shy is the way she feels." He responded, "Oh, Courtney is a dog?" I laughed and said, "just forget it, Courtney is not shy, she just wants you to come and play at her house." He was a little confused, but hopefully they have fun playing today and doesn't start calling Courtney a dog!

The day I came home from the hospital with Bella, Hunter said, "Mom, let me see your belly." I smoothed down my shirt and showed him how my stomach had shrunk. He then said, "Hmm . . . it's still a tiny bit big." (Honest little sucker!)

Last week Hunter excitedly announced, "Mom, I'm going to make my bed and clean my room all by myself!!!! . . . Mom . . . will you help me?"

None of the kids like it when Bella cries, they feel bad for her. Especially tender-hearted-Hunter. It was funny a while back, he said, "Mom, baby Bella is cwying . . . I think Bella wants to eat your chest."

Today I was getting some Benadryl out for Hunter because I think he's having an allergic reaction to some rasberry yogurt. As I was opening the package he said, "what's that?" I said, "This is for you." He responded, "Oh, did I got it for Christmas?"

Hunter makes me chuckle every day!

10 comments:

Ana said...

Hunter is quite the character! So cute!

Tina said...

That is hilarious! What a cute kid - I love this age!

Sheri said...

What a cutie he is. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

What a funny kid. He was fun to have over to play with Baylor yesterday!

Kelli said...

I love the cute things kids say at that age!

trishanna said...

hey cousin! hows your new year going? the new baby is so gorgeous! I loved that christmas picture(the one with the bow) That caused my own kids to say some funny things.

Karynn said...

Hey Christy - I don't know if you remember me, but I see you all the time at ball games & around town. I went to SUU at the same time as you & I was in 7 brides for 7 brothers with Rob & Cory. My hubby grew up with them. Anyway, I came across your blog and thought I'd drop in and say hi. Our blogs are http://www.shadesofjk.blogspot.com/ and http://catchabug.blogspot.com/

I grew up with Gerilyn and Lindsay Eynon and they would probably love to catch up with ya if you haven't in a while. Geri's blog is http://kyleandgeri.blogspot.com/ Her youngest is named Isabella, Bella for short, too!
And Lindsay's blog is http://teammillward.blogspot.com/

Your family is so beautiful and I love this post - what a hoot!

Brant and Jana said...

Christy, How did I find your blog! Yea! Your family is so cute and they grow up too fast! Brant and I have a blog now too!

Brant and Jana said...

Brant does the blog thing, I'm not there yet but I'm sure he would love to be your friend too!

Gerilyn said...

Christy! Oh my goodness! Lindsay called me and told me she found your blog off of Jana's. It's so good to see you guys! Your kids are beautiful, and you and Rob look the same! I would love to catch up! We have a Bella too! Does everyone keep asking you if you named her after the Twighlight books? I get it all the time. It's so annoying! Anyways, I will talk to you later!